Friday 17 March 2017

Guido Tweeto

Lots of birds today. 



Tried to throw this robin some peanuts but he wasn't buying any. 


This guy was yelling guido tweeto guido at the top of his lungs. 


Pretty sure he wanted to come to the bird feeder because he did a quick drive by around it


But I'm sitting too close when I'm in the gazebo. 


The chickadees don't care where I sit in the slightest. 







The finches are starting to feed again but they're pretty skittish still. 



So was this squirrel. He finally moved in to take the robin's peanuts when I moved over across from the gazebo in the hopes that the cardinal would approach the feeder. 








He came a bit closer but thought better of it


And went over to clean up the loose chickadee seeds. 






Then suddenly Guido was back. 




Aaaaaaand we had contact. 



I'd rather be closer so I could get better quality pictures but I'm just happy to see him using it. I didn't used to think that birds care or notice what people are doing but (except for chickadees) I've learned that they are hyper aware. 




Three more yards and this guy would have been on the clear grass but nope. 



Still he had all four feet touching the cold for a fair while. He's looking for spring. 


It's possible that I am as well. 


A very happy birthday to Vivi one of the sweetest nieces who ever lived!

No comments:

Post a Comment