Friday 29 November 2019

Cookies



Yesterday’s cat scan was really long and boring. I couldn’t even sit with Anne because I needed to be on the room oxygen so I was put in one of the gurney bays and I felt like I was parked in a garage like a car. Everyone was super nice though and got me out of there as soon as possible. Still it had been 3 days of Dr’s visits and tests in a row and I decided that any further appointments should involve cookies and or ice cream. My nephew Paul made up a fun cookie appointment day:

"I've got a tight schedule, but if I push the shortbread back to 4 pm, I might be able to squeeze in a mint chocolate chip after my recurring whoopie pies 2pm...  I'll just have to cross town quickly" That kind of thing?

Me: Yes but I’d yell STAT a lot too!

Paul: that oatmeal raisin isn't going to eat itself, run the red light!! I don't wanna hear about unforseen weather, I've never broken a promise to a Rocky Road and I don't intend to start now!!

Me: love this ride but we’re gonna have to put our foot down at oatmeal raisin. No need to involve little desiccated balls of fruit! Chocolate chip forever!

Paul: so no date squares or fruitcake??

Me: You are a very quick learner!

Paul: Back to the drawing board:. "have to reschedule???  I guess your word is as spotty as your chocolate chip cookie dough!"

So kind of Willy Wonka except with appointments :-)

And now today the cookie theme continues with my friend Judy-Anne bringing over some of her husband John’s most excellent baking! Three level of greatness! Thank you!






No comments:

Post a Comment