Monday 13 January 2020

Palliative performance scale

Look away if you don’t want to hear words like palliative or hospice but I had a good laugh today when my nurse called to tell me I’d been discharged from the palliative nursing team! I knew it was a mistake but I said “Yay I’m all better!” We laughed and when she came over she told me it was the ostomy nurse I should have been discharged from. (Still working on that pesky Peetunia side.) But no I’m still on the palliative nursing side even if only once a week. And even though I hardly used my oxygen today. The pain continues to get worse which is confusing because of the terrific breathing. Maybe because I’m still on antibiotics so the tumour isn’t infected and causing fevers etc? I don’t know. 

Anyway I go for a ct scan later this week so there’ll be more answers after that. And one thing I do know is that I am SO much appreciating your love and prayers. 


Today I got all sporty and looked in my nursing binder that they leave here and saw the scale they use to judge when you’re ready for hospice. I know I was fairly low during radiation which is normal but if you factor in all the limitations I had before the most recent diagnosis, and ignore the “feels like an arrow through my shoulder” pain which is usually under control especially since I now use a timer, thanks karen!) I’d put myself pretty high at the present moment. Maybe 80 or 90? Taking points off for maybe needing oxygen? 

And that’s pretty cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment