Sunday 5 January 2020

So long




Really special evening saying see you later to this guy, my nephew Caleb, who is off Tuesday on a mission trip for 6 months. We don’t know where he’ll end up going after his training and we don’t know if I’ll end up leaving during that time. Right now except for pain I feel great. Who knows? We just know we love each other and in the long run it will be okay. 

We had fun eating wings, telling favourite stories and recreating pictures from previous Moose visits.  So proud of these two and I couldn’t love them more. I know it seems odd to say I feel great except for pain but pain I can deal with. I have a family doctor who gives me enough pain meds, I’m not coughing much, I’m not in the hospital, I have a good appetite, (maybe too good but I’m not going to worry about that) I have all the company I could desire, I only have to be home for the nurses one day a week, I had a great Christmas, I have lots to look forward to, I can bathe myself, I’m warm and dry, I have a cat tucked sleepily into my side, and I have enough mustard. 

Does it absolutely 100 percent break my heart that I may never see Caleb again here on earth? Oh yeah it sure as hell does. But he’s going on an adventure and I’d never want to hold him back. Every night at bedtime we went on adventures with an imaginary horse, named with great imagination, Horsey. Horsey and Caleb most of the time flew into outer space meeting new and exciting friends and solving great problems. And when asked what his future goals were Caleb said he wanted to be an astronaut or a dad. So yeah I’d like to find out, but I know whatever he decides he’ll be great at it and I could not be more proud of him. This is what he made me for Christmas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment