Friday 31 January 2020

Comfort

There’s a great deal of comfort in being open about dying. At least there is to me. Once people know it’s ok to talk about it they can join you in finding ways to deal with things. I know that not everyone has a family like mine that just wants you to feel happy and cared for but in that case I hope they have friends to fill that gap. 

One huge worry/concern I have is leaving Harry behind. I think it’s pretty clear that he knows I’m not well. His cuddle factor has reached 11 and today I think God used Harry to give me a gigantic soft hug. 

Karen and Mike have kindly agreed that they along with Caleb and Emily will take Harrison in when I die. The main idea is for him to be Emily’s boy like their cat Whiskers is Karen’s boy. They’ll put Harry’s bed in Emily’s room and encourage him to sleep there. Wherever I put that bed in my apartment is where he sleeps. Even surrounded by oxygen cords, yup still sleeps there. So we’ll see. Hopefully whiskers can open his heart and put up with being lectured at which is Harry’s go to reaction with other cats. 

Anyway today after a nice lunch Emily asked Harrison for a kiss and was denied. However he did lean in multiple times for something even better. Harry marked Emily as a beloved person.  And this right here with Karen in the background is a terrific comfort to me. 



A few hours later Harry’s uncle Henry came over. Another person he loves. My boy will be well taken care of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment