Friday 24 February 2017

Humpty Dumpty SUV takes it waaaaaay off road



Up until yesterday the squirrels have been too busy playing boys catch the girls to bother with gazebo snacking. 




I managed to throw this gal a peanut on her way by


But Romeo chased her off. 


Yesterday I thought I'd see if I could get anyone to pose with Caleb's old piggy bank that he let me use for when Cooper comes over and helps me tidy up my coins. Notice the past tense. 


Leaf feeder is going strong. 



This chickadee did a complete double take. Wish I'd been taking video. 



I had lured this squirrel with peanuts on my way over. 







And she mosied on over cautiously but nonchalantly. 


It took some doing to get her into the gazebo


Meanwhile birds!





When she looked on the chair (before I'd put any peanuts on it) I knew this was a friend from last summer. 



And soon there were no peanuts anywhere but by the car where I wanted her. Fancy that :-)








Check yer oil ma'am?







Rather have the peanuts here but I ignored that request. 



Ok you asked for it. 



Uh oh



It was actually pretty awesome and yes the squirrel got the peanuts. 



I cleaned up the shards and the more valuable coins but if you're local and you want some nickels help yourself :-)

1 comment:

  1. Did this happen after noon on Thursday? I didn't see anything then when I was out there.

    ReplyDelete