Thursday 27 September 2012

Day 7

Behold the red donut. Yep we're entering the ouch zone. I'm not going to get into it. It has nothing to do with the pool or even really the radiation yet (though its not helping), just that I can't use my regular zinc cream for fear of a metal radiation throw down.

I was totally impressed how one mention to the radiation team of the pain and they paged my nurse and two hours later she called with a prescription from the doctor. That is some mighty fine communication in them thar hills!

One of the radiation machines was down all day but I was still in only about a half hour late and my driver waited for me! Sadly the wifi was sucky.

I have some cute pictures of Harry eating grass on my other camera and not enough sleep under my belt to download them but the reason he's eating the grass is to aid digestion. Harrison doesn't throw up very much but he made a exception today. His first rule is to wait till he's safely back in the house. Wouldn't want to mess up the out doors. Apparently his second rule of throwing up is to back up continuously while up chucking so as to leave a lovely trail across the carpet. There. He feels much better so he goes over and makes somebody - really - should - clean - this - up motions around it, and again every time he passes it. Ah well like I said only two or three times a year - Qwinnie was an every week kind of guy.

Tomorrow's volunteer driver sounds nice and I plan on sleeping better tonight. It's 7:30, time for bed yet?!

Oh and today this guy stopped our car in the hospital parking lot and gave us a story about not being able to start his car and needing a toonie for the bus. My driver couldn't hear him and I gave him a toonie because I figured he either really did have car trouble or a habit he needs to support. Either way the toonie is his and I just wanted to go home. And home my rollator and I made it even with the trunk ajar light on most of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment