Tuesday 11 September 2012

Waity McWaiterson has left the building

So today I'm not feeling quite as patient about not knowing when the radiation will start. Everything is in a week or two with these people. The first time they said that to me was the end of July. It was brought home to me by the fact that I had to cancel my appointment with the knee surgeon tomorrow. It would have been the appointment after radiation was over in Hamilton to talk about the next knee surgery. To be fair, two weeks of the past few months my incision was still healing but only two.

They keep telling me that I should tell them how I am feeling and maybe I'm not helping myself by filling out the how are you doing sheets so calmly.

Don't get me wrong. I AM thrilled that I'm not an emergency. But I'm aware too that my tumour was rated as very aggressive with potential cancer cells around it and I do NOT want to have to have another vulvectomy or move up another cancer stage. I want the radiation to take care of that.

So. Tomorrow I'm going to call my nurse and ask nicely how things are coming and express my concerns. I'm glad that they've made it clear that they want to know my concerns and so it makes sense to take them up on it.

It helps to write it down here so I won't put off doing it. Thanks so much to all my faithful readers. You will never know how much it means to me that you come here and patiently look at my cat and flower pictures. Speaking of which....

It's fun to use different car colours in the distance as backgrounds.

Got a fun little app that turns your ipod camera into a photo booth. I was laughing because Harrison was trying to bite the iPod. I'm surprised you can't see his teeth!

One thing I've got going for the waiting is lots of dvds to watch. Right now I'm watching season one of House MD. It's great but the trick is to not take on the weird symptoms of all the patients. I have enough going on! But seriously to my other friends who are on hold right now, you should check out the Waterloo Region Library. They have a LOT of tv shows on dvd. (And some very fine librarians!)

1 comment:

  1. haha! yesterday I thought that squirrel looked so timid, but now I definitely see a posturing De Niro.

    ReplyDelete