Wednesday 18 October 2017

One week

I can only go so many days without taking a picture so yesterday I threw on a trench coat over my nightie, walked from my porch to the sidewalk and took these.





 I've never had surgery in the fall before so I hope there will be a few colourful trees near by.



This little mountain ash is only a few yards from my porch.





I'm doing ok. Lots of frustration dealing with CCAC.  I'm choosing between being right and letting go of that and making the best of what is being offered. Choices I would not have without my unbelievable family. 



Having a catheter in for 30 days to try to let the stitches in the urethra heal has added a real twist. My body keeps trying to reject it which means having almost constant spasms. They are now in good control with a very old fashioned medicine that is a mixture of opium and a murder mystery herb called belladonna. I feel like I'm in an Agatha Christie novel.





I'm knocking wood all over the place here but I'm thinking this surgery might not take as long to recover from as the last one did just because of different locations. There's a really long way to go before I actually know that for sure but right now my pain is pretty well controlled for the most part.




And last night I slept solidly for a few hours which is a real blessing.




Hard to believe the surgery was only a week ago. Thanks again for all your love and support!





No comments:

Post a Comment