Wednesday 6 June 2012

What's new

So to London we went yesterday. I had been a bit worried that my knee bump was re appearing despite all our best efforts indicating that the infection was still there but Dr M the surgeon thinks its just discoloration from before and is optimistic that all is well because the blood test for infection markers in my blood are fine. We will take things slow though and do 2 more weeks of the picc line iv and then no meds for 2 weeks and THEN considering how I'm doing with the cancer we will talk about a date for the next and final knee replacement. I'm glad we are not rushing and I really appreciate how Dr M includes me in the decision making process. He was thrilled with how well the temp knee is behaving and was showing all his colleagues the X-ray and saying how well I am doing.

Heather and Anne took me yesterday and we got to watch the queen wave on the balcony while I waited for my X-ray.

On the way home we stopped in at my niece Deborah's place and met their new kitten Jeannie.

Thanks for making it a fun day ladies!

Home again where Harrison's little brain let go of his fear of airplanes aided by the fun of hunting and killing the cat nip plant that his Auntie Anne had thoughtfully planted for him.

Then karen and the kids came over and we did a bunch of fun stuff that I'll show you pictures of on a slower news day but the bottom line is that I must have over done it because last night when I coughed I must have blown a gasket in my left lymph node incision cause serous fluid gushed out all over the place and now it's running pretty steady. Serous fluid is just a clear fluid that moves around inside your body taking care of business. It's handled by lymph nodes and my body needs to adjust to the fact that I don't have any nodes there anymore and another area's nodes will eventually take up the slack. It doesn't hurt, is apparently normal and in the meantime I'm kind of back to bed rest and taking it easier as you can see!

2 comments:

  1. That was quite a day. Glad your knee is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me for a second with "So to London we went yesterday" and a picture of the Queen on the TV

    ReplyDelete