Friday 29 June 2012

Who could ask for anything more

I am overwhelmed with all the love and support of my family and friends. I can't say it often enough that I feel like the most fortunate person in the world. And right here in my own home I have the funniest most loving little guy ever.

Today it was too hot for both cats on the porch.

So the order of the day was knee stretching, enjoying my new air conditioner and feeling overjoyed for my niece Heather who got married this march and just received the news that she got her visa and can join her husband in their new life in Scotland!

And I want to show you just one example of the wealth of love I have received. This was written by my niece Melissa:

"I’d like to tell you about one of the best people I have ever known - my Aunt Ruthe.

Actually, there are about a zillion reasons why she is the best and I couldn’t possibly tell you about them all, but I will tell you about the few that top my list.

She is the glue that holds our family together and she has that special way about her that is unconditionally accepting of people. She has an incredibly positive yet incredibly real way of looking at life.

She’s the aunt I strive to be like for my nieces and nephew. Someone you can talk to about anything, go to for help or just hang out with like she’s one of your best friends.

While she may not have had children of her own, I can safely say that every one of her nieces, nephews, grand-nieces and grand-nephews look up to her like she’s more than just our aunt. She’s special, and there’s no denying that.

So when you hear things like she’s been living with an infected knee replacement joint for the last 10 years (she currently has a temporary replacement that is working as her first one should have been) and just today found out that she has vulvular cancer that has spread to her lymph nodes, it sucks. It sucks really bad, and you can’t help wonder why someone who lives such a selfless life is subjected to such unfairness. If I could take even 1/10th of the pain and cancer away from Ruthe, I would in a heartbeat, no questions.

I know she will get through this and be stronger than ever, and I just wanted to let all of you know a little bit about my wonderful Aunt Ruthe.

She has a blog of her own if you would like to check it out: http://ekkarat60.blogspot.ca"

Me again. See what I mean? I'm the wealthiest person on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment