Thursday 23 August 2012

I'm a Beleva in Dr Kobeleba!

The only way I can remember my radiologist oncologist Dr Kobeleba's name is to think about this picture:

And think that she is a "Co-Beleva"

I'm sure neither one of us are actual fans of his music but whatever works right!

GREAT appointment today. The doctor seemed night and day different as far as smiling and even joking a little. Maybe just having a bad day last time, it's a tough job. I don't know why that's so important to me, competence and skill should be number one, but attitude really matters to me.

So the new ct scan was a total sucess! Dr Kobeleba said they found my AWOL uterus and absolutely no other indication of cancer. Even the lymph nodes that were suspicious in the first ct scan are normal again - they were just recovering from the surgery. This time they did my chest too and those nodes were all good as well. She said that right now I don't have cancer! Cool eh!

Having said that I still have to undergo the radiation for sure. It's still going to be really hard and really nasty. No swimming during the radiation and probably not for a month or two after because my skin will likely be quite broken down. But I'm going to be positive and deal with that as it comes, IF it comes.

I still don't know exactly when it will start but that's all going to be in the works now. They'll call me in for a mapping CT appointment which IS in the cancer centre this time and I'll get my free tattoos. Woohoo!

Oh and cover your ears boys, after the radiation I will no longer be helping to keep the feminine hygiene product companies afloat. Woo hoo! That means instant menopause and all the symptoms that might entail in a really accelerated fashion so watch your backs cause I may get Kray-kray fast.

I have the chance to go to a cottage on Georgian Bay next Tuesday for a few days and the doctor was really happy to give me permission to go! It will take a while to get things set up and she said go go, you're symptom free, go and enjoy! Yay! Harrison will go spend the week at Uncle Henry and Aunt Marcia's Hotel for Cats and away I'll go! This is what the cottage looks like.

Hot tub!

My cameras are VERY excited for some new material!

And just to make this great day complete guess who is safely home after being lost for over a month? My niece Dana's little boy cat Ozzy! Hurray! Welcome home little buddy!

4 comments:

  1. Good news all around! What a beautiful cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks just like that right now :) Minus a few pounds... What great news Ruthe, love to you and i can't even imagine you going Kray Kray lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I get that they need to prove I'm not a robot but does it really need to be so hard to punch in the security code to add a comment??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ruthe that is so great. Have fun at the cottage. It looks beautiful.
    Also welcome home ozzy.

    ReplyDelete