Wednesday 11 July 2012

I've got that lovie feeling

Listen. I know I complained about the mammogram folks being unfriendly last time and this time no one was cross with me so that's cool. I just have to say that being overly loving is a tad disconcerting too. This time the receptionist was perfectly professional even though she saw me but didn't interrupt her chat with her friend and come over to her desk until I actually rang the bell and that's fine if you enjoy being summoned in that way. It was the wielder of the squishing device that threw me for a loop with all the Honeys, Sweeties, Dearies and my personal favorite, Lovies. She was awesome at explaining things but if she said it once she said it 5 times. So what do I want? Just not to be treated like I rode in on the short bus. Even if I DID ride in on that bus don't talk to me that way. Don't mind me, I'm becoming the connisour of medical testing and hospital food! So far the gold standard of medical testing technicians are the folks at the St Mary's bone scan dept. Professional and friendly, that's all it takes.

ANYWAY. Thanks for the ride and fascinating lecture from some DEADLY boring teacher's manual Maureen, just so happy I don't have to read that stuff. Maureen always knows how to cheer me up, my favorite example is when she happened to have a book of affirmation prayers to read to me when my car died in front of the Hi way Market loading dock with just us and 25 pounds of raw hamburger for the youth group retreat going no where fast.

Up to Elmira we zipped and here are a few teasers for the pictures I'll put on Facebook soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment