Sunday 8 July 2012

Double walkies

Today I went someplace I haven't been in a long while!

Yup, the gym! I'm not allowed to do leg stuff but I can do the arm stuff on the circuit and dream about being allowed to try out the bikes someday now that I can bend my knee enough to send it over the top! It was a bit weird going there on crutches but not nearly as daunting as getting over the fear of being stared at because you're fat. I'm well past caring about that - not my problem! I've found most people don't care or they say good for you for trying. I do reserve the right to be nervous about fitting into the CT scan on Friday but I either will or I won't and I fit in the bone scans so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Today the nurse could only get 9 cm of packing into the wound - trying to will that number down to nil. It started at 15.

Harrison only lasted about 10 minutes outside this afternoon but asked real nice....

to go out again this evening and I'm real glad I listened. There was a lovely breeze and the light was kind of magical. Also I discovered this new flower on the plant that my friends from high school gave me!

Thanks Buddy for talking me into another walk even if we did have to rush home cause a jet took off.

And look at the sweetness my brother found yesterday when he went to visit Mom. The bonnet and dress are still there and good old Blue Eyes must have had a yummy chocolate treat by the looks of her face!

No comments:

Post a Comment