Wednesday 4 July 2012

Pot head

Today I did this.

Despite watching Master Chef and Chopped and Top Chef apparently I can't even boil water! I set off the smoke alarm today when I boiled the two tweezers the nurses use to pack my wound. Boiled them dry. There was a little ball of molten metal rolling around the bottom of the pan and it smelled delicious! Um no.

I rushed the pot outside, turned on the fans and waved a towel at the smoke alarm to make it stop. It's all fine and well, the fire trucks didn't need to come but I'm pretty sure the pot has retired especially since it's now stuck to the outdoor carpet I set it down on! Ha!

In better news I went out for supper with two buddies from my high school days 15 or maybe 16 years ago. Thanks ladies!

Had a lovely phone chat with a dear friend from Woodstock too and got an appointment with the radiologist oncologist for Thursday next week. So I have a mammogram (previously scheduled locally) on Wednesday then Hamilton Thursday and Friday!

Also, and this is not news, Harrison was cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment