Sunday 16 December 2012

Meeting Cooper

Yesterday was fantastic. A birthday lunch for a great friend and an amazing visit with my Mom. Henry and Dana and I brought Cooper to see her for the first time.

We were determined to get a 4 generation picture so that's what we did right away.

After we wondered why we left Cooper in his car seat for the actual portrait and didn't pose again once mom was holding him but we just didn't think of it!

This is my kind of portrait anyway!

Mom has been very despondent and non responsive in the last while. Staff says she almost only responds when children are around.

When Henry put Copper in Mom's arms it was like a light came on. The same light that comes on when Caleb and Emily come by. But a baby to hold? That was a miracle.

She held him safely and lovingly for almost an hour.

You can see some of it here.

Dana's baby of the day got some love too.

But Cooper got the most!

Mom got to show off a real baby! And we thank the staff for putting Green Eyes into Mom's arms on a day to day basis to try to keep a bit of the light on.

Btw totally off topic, can anyone help me with my Icon pop quizz game problems?

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pictures from Saturday! I look at them over and over!

    I think the first icon is Marilyn (as in Munroe.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are right about the first one but apparently it's spelled Marylin. Who knew! The second one is a movie or tv show.

    ReplyDelete