Friday 27 April 2012

What's Up

My knee is coming along really nicely. I've been able to decrease my pain meds a bit. Today I walked all the way down the hall, slow going with a wheeless walker but it's what I need to use so that I only put 50 % of my weight on the hurting knee.

I was able to go up and down the steps so physio would be ready to discharge me but I can't leave until the levels of the antibiotic Vanco are in the target range in my blood. So possibly I could go home by Sunday if they have the correct dose figured out.

If not I just have to hang out here. I'll be getting a new roomie tomorrow. Always interesting. The lady with me now is nice. Very quiet and sleeps most of the time.

They have the picc line in my arm. It's nice because they can draw blood through it and can probably use it in Hamilton too unless hospitals are territorial with their iv sites.

My incision is great, totally dry, I'll have to get Caleb and Emily to count the staples. Last time they counted 48. Already the tape sites around the incision hurt more than the incision which actually I can't feel at all but probably will as the meds decrease.

Hey I learned how to put the pictures under the words!

Most of you have seen pictures of the food that I've posted on Facebook but I just have to share the BBQ chicken and sweet potato mashed again. Can you see the profile of Ben Kingsley?

Missing my furry boy but I have a picture and can listen to the video I took of him purring. That is not a delicious hamburger in the background it's my life saving snack from home.

And last but certainly not least here's a picture of my friend Alice making a peace/happy vulvectomy sign. Don't forget to send me yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment