Friday 20 April 2012

Where I'll be on Monday

So. Think of me at 1:30 on Monday. I'll be having the knee revision surgery at University Hospital in London. No really good idea how long I'll be there - likely about a week. I hope to find a computer or a wifi safe zone after a couple of days (or I'll be going all Alec Baldwin on a non private jet) so I can blog about the view and marvelous food. I'm sure it will be every bit as delicious as the fantastic supper I had with some sweet friends tonight at Arabesque on Victoria Street.

You don't need to visit, and flowers make me sneeze but you can go to the London Health Sciences Centre website here

(look at me embedding a link) ((Thanks Judy))

Go to the bottom right and choose Send a Patient an e card. I promise that I blurred my eyes and didn't look at the pictures so I will be totally surprised! Maybe wait till Tuesday so they can track me down to a room.

I LOVE the part about how they strive, nay yearn for complete confidentially but suggest you don't write anything you wouldn't write on a post card. I hope some of you take that on as a personal challenge (I'm looking towards Calgary when I say this) and write lots of really obnoxious cotterwalloping balderdash.

See this is why blogging is helping calm my nerves. Where else can you make up words like cotterwalloping that are immediately added to my blogger dictionary as if they really existed!

p. s. Truth must out. I thought cotterwalloping was a real word but not even Google thinks so, so I guess I made it up. My point is that I am currently Googeling silly words instead of reading hospital propaganda.

So yeah, here's what I assume the food will be like in the hospital - delicious hot out of the oven pita bread and beautiful pools of olive oil and herbs nestled in the loving arms of mild but flavourful humas. And also for no particular reason other than I love it, a picture of me proudly wearing my brand new Aberdeen FC Dons scarf from the newly minted Mrs and Mr Bruce!

Go Aberdeen!

No comments:

Post a Comment