Tuesday 8 May 2012

Backpack Backpack

Me and my little iv backpack went outside today! We even got to go out for lunch. Very exciting for us after being inside since April 29th. It was fun to spend the day with Anne and Heather (picture later.)

I had a good check up with the knee surgeon. They removed the staples and said I can start bending.

Apparently the temporary joint I had put in is a new and exciting kind and they were kind of proud of that so I oohed and awwed appropriately. And it is pretty cool to be able to bend my knee and not have it sticking straight out for 12 weeks.

He said that the bone showed a lot of damage from the infection that had been there for a long time. I might have to be on the picc line for 8 weeks not just 6.

So just call me Dora cause I'm gonna be packing a back pack for a while!



No comments:

Post a Comment