Friday 11 May 2012

Heading home

The past few days have flown by. I met with my physiotherapist yesterday. She's pleased that I can still straightened my knee down flat and so am I! I can now also work on bending. Ouch. Since its only a temporary joint I don't have to go at it as hard as I will next time but I intend to have the muscles used to being we're they ought to be and not where they have been over the past 20 years.

Last night when my brother Henry brought my latest delivery of keifer we video chatted with my sister Mary Lynn who lived in PEI. Caleb and Emily put on a concert and Emily showed us the Tiny Tower apt with working elevator that she is making for her snail.

Then we realized that the garage door was open and Harrison had stepped out for a stroll. We did NOT want to lose another cat (still no sign of whiskers) but Henry found Harrison on the front porch meowing to get in cause he needed to use his litter box. City cat.

Tonight it worked out that we could go to Jacob and Jo's house for a Friday visit. We got to meet Miss Penny Boo Flighty (formerly of the outer shed Flightys)

And say hello to on old dear friend -Mr Soot. (of the so relaxed he's probably a dog Sooties)

We (and by we I mean they) also danced...

and spa'd. Emily can do two clients at once! And she decorated Jo up good!

Caleb even got his socks sniffed so intently that we figure he got a cat scan! Karen's joke but it's my blog so I'll use it!

So tomorrow I'll be leaving this....

for my own cooking. The trade off is that if I use the piece of farm equipment pictured below to cover my Picc line stuff I can have a shower when I go home tomorrow!

This is what I'll miss the most.

This chair on the other hand? This chair is dead to me.

Last week at 1:30 am I finished blogging and when I went to get up I realized my iv line was well and truly stuck in the arm chair mechanism. So I had to shout Karen and Mike awake and both of them ended up on the floor under the leg rest with a flash light working a chinese finger box puzzle until I was free.

All week I've been SO careful not to do it again. Until tonight. Oops I did it again. At least this time it was only midnight!

So. No telling what adventures I'll get up to on my own with my Mr Mew picc line back pack. But you'll be the first to know. And I promise to always travel around my apt with a phone so no worries okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment