Tuesday 22 May 2012

Happy Big V Eve!

Well tomorrow at 7:30 I check into the Juravinski hospital in Hamilton to have a cancerous lump removed from my perineum and have both lymph nodes removed from my groin. Aka I'm having a vulvectomy.

My family and friends and I thought vulvectomy was a silly sounding word so they've been making me cards and videos and anything else they can think of to speed me along the way and I've been posting them in this blog.

For example this came today from my nieces:

How awesome is that?!

I am so truly blessed to have so many of you walking this journey of double knee surgery and cancer surgery along side me. This blog is the best way to keep on top of my day to day stuff but I'll try to post to Facebook at times as well.

Today was clear fluids and I learned that if you're hungry enough Jello can actually be tasty. Harrison however was not getting near the stuff!

They tell me that tomorrow's surgery should just be day surgery so hopefully I'll be home tomorrow evening and here's hoping that the lymph node biopsies will be clear indicating that the cancer has not gone systemic. I imagine it will take some time to get that information but I'll keep you posted.

My next knee replacement should be down the road this summer sometime, at least 8 weeks from now. I'm recovering very well from the first stage of the knee revision and things are going well with the picc line of antibiotics that I'll still have for 2 to 4 more weeks.

Again thanks so much for your love and support and prayers. I am truly grateful for each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment