Thursday 17 May 2012

Youch

Evening is a really nice time to sit outside on days like this when its still too cool for the bugs to be out full force.

Harrison got to know our new plants today. I'm not sure the spike will recover from the encounter with my cat/alligator!

It's really really hard to know how hard to go at the physio since this is not the permanent joint yet.

I fully intend to keep my range of motion this time but gosh when I go at at as hard as the physiotherapist told me to it feels like I am injuring myself. The inside of the knee hardly hurts at all anymore which is awesome, but the top of my calf muscles that have been in contracture for at least 12 years are calling/shrieking for a time out. I think I for sure need to do everything I've been asked to do the point of discomfort but I'm going to pull up before I hit the point of 12 on the agony scale. Sorry just thinking out loud.

And I think I need to sit and visit with the fact that the inside of my knee hardly hurts when I walk. Can't even remember when that last was true! wow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great news about the inner knee! But, yeah, must be hard to know how hard to push with the physio. I want to say, "Listen to your body." but on the other hand you don't want the contractures coming back but on the other hand if your actual knee is going to be ok then your walking will be more normal and therefore the contractures shouldn't happen, right? Is Sheena (Princess of Power!) going to keep coming or will you see someone else next time (second opinion?)

    ReplyDelete