Saturday 5 May 2012

The rubber - this is where it meets the road

Okay friends. This is where my little blog takes a turn for the let's actually do something besides make funny cards and see how Ruthe is doing today.

This is my friend Johanna or Jo. If you know her you love her. It's that simple.

Jo has decided to step waaaay out of the comfort zone of her loving couch and taken on a 32 km walk to beat cancer.

Today she walked 8 km in the start of her training. She dedicated today's stellar walk to me! Not sure who will get the credit for the aches that will likely follow ; )

So cool to know that while I of necessity sit for the cure, Jo is out there burning up the road!

I'll let you read the note from Jo below to learn more. Please remember that she's not only stepping out of her comfort zone to walk the 32 km but asking for the money that she has to raise in order to participate is probably even harder. I hope that we can help!

We'll follow Jo in this blog as she trains and cheer her on proudly. She promises that somewhere among her gear she'll be proudly wearing our logo!!!

A message from Johanna Greene joj_greene@yahoo.ca.

Hello, my friend.

On September 8, 2012, I'll be participating in a very special event called Shoppers Drug Mart Weekend to End Women's Cancers (TIM) benefiting The Campbell Family Institute at The Princess Margaret.

I'll be walking approximately 32 kilometres in one day (EEP!) with thousands of other women and men. The proceeds will support breast and gynecologic cancers research, treatment, and services.

I've committed to raising at least $1,250.00 in order to participate in the walk so I need your help. Please help me by making a donation. Use the link at the bottom of this email to visit my site and make an online donation to support me. Please keep in mind how far I'm walking - and how hard I'll have to train.

Approximately 23,400 Canadian women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and about 5,100 will die from the disease. Additionally, over 8,000 Canadian women will be diagnosed with ovarian, cervical, or uterine cancer this year, and nearly 3,000 will die from one of these diseases.

That's why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about all women's cancers. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me - by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

Also, this year we are celebrating TEN YEARS STRONG of committing to conquering cancer within our lifetimes! So be a part of this historic journey, and please donate to help the lives of all of our sisters, mothers, daughters, and friends.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

Sincerely,

Johanna

Click here to visit my personal page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://www.endcancer.ca/site/TR?px=3718545&pg=personal&fr_id=1463&fl=en_US&et=EpYiy4ygHOcBXxy46Bd2jg&s_tafId=357984

No comments:

Post a Comment