Wednesday 10 October 2012

Day 15

4:49! This is the earliest I've ever started my blog. I hope to be asleep by 8 pm. We'll see, maybe I'll get my second or third wind.

Today's drivers were great. I don't remember hardly a thing about them except that they were pleasant and truly that's all I want.

I saw my buddy Bruce who was my radiologist the first week and that's always fun. He remembered my pirate shirt and asked if I had any rum in my purse. Sadly I did not.

I got my pain meds straightened out with my nurse and its all good. She truly is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

But my favorite interaction at the hospital today was outside and with a great big bruiser of a dog, a boxer wearing a spiked collar. He paused for a moment on his travels to put his chin in the corner of my elbow, snuffle softly and moved along. Fastest animal therapist ever. The spiked collar was clearly a projection of his human not him. Left a soft foot print on my soul. Must be tired, clearly rambling.

Look who's here finishing my floor. My nephew Todd. He's not just a computer engineer and poker player...

he's also kind enough to have taken out the horrible carpet in my kitchen and replace it beautifully. Such a big improvement to my life. That carpet was an unnatural disaster! Thank you.

Something I do at the gym when something hurts is I count forward for a while then I start counting backwards towards the end. Makes it go faster. So...

2 comments:

  1. Henry says:
    If it's any consolation for you, I had trouble getting to sleep last night thinking about your bum

    By the way What did the Canadian Pirate name his son?
    Aaron.

    There's 2 "Eh"s and an "ARRR!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Well I'm still awake, just took a pain pill so let's both sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete