Friday 19 October 2012

Rubber ducky

Guess where I am? I'm sitting IN my bathtub! First time since knee surgery in April!

I had been afraid the act of getting in might be too stressful for my temp knee but getting in was okay, hoping out will be okay too. It is so heavenly to be in the water instead of sitting on a bench and slopping water all over the floor. Hoping soaking in my non iodized kosher salt will help things heal!

Harrison was quite surprised to see me in the tub.

But he got right back into enjoying hot bath water!

It's nice to have a real good wash after you and your glasses have an industrial accident with this foamy pirate!

The big news though is that today my doctor finally figured out a pain killer regime that works. Last night's was a dud, but this time I think we've got it.

Now lets see if I can get out of the tub!

Hmmm out not as good for knee as in. Have another plan but promise to only try it with another person here just in case!

Anyway awesome to have a real bath and also would like to report that Henry's pillow sculpting is magic for both my living room chair AND for playing cards. I see a contract with a big medical company in his future!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for baths and magic pillows and especially good drugs!

    ReplyDelete