Friday 26 October 2012

Day 22

Hey guess what?! Monday will be my last treatment! Dr K looked at my war zone and also considered that I have a groin lymph node that's swollen and very painful which might indicate infection, so she's decided to cancel the last two radiation treatments. She say it won't change the outcome to miss two treatments. She also gave me some antibiotics.

Yay! It's almost over!

Today my driver was my brother Al. (Sorry, not the most flattering picture).

This is the man that had the good sense to marry Mary who is basically, (along with Karen) getting me through this! Henry's pillow design deserves honorable mention too! I shouldn't start listing helpful people because I will be at this all night. Really grateful to all of you even if all you ever did was read this blog or said a prayer. Speaking of which I slept great last night. Only woke up when I needed more pain medication. What a great relief it is to sleep deeply enough to dream!

This was Al's cutie pie back seat driver. So fun to have Max along for the ride!

This just made me smile!

So I have all the drugs I need and they are working well. I can't decide if the burns or the lymph nodes hurt worse so I'm hoping they cancel each other out soon.

Looking forward to going to bed as my friend Sandra gave me a beautiful almost new memory foam bed topper that she had for her bad back. So generous and soft!!

Speaking of support...

I am one lucky pirate aunt!

1 comment: