Thursday 10 October 2013

Tipping point

This is something really cool that my brother Henry does to relax while he enjoys the sunset on a bike ride.

I think he first saw people doing this when he traveled to Sedona. He says it's a great way to be in the moment.


I am kind of in awe of this art. It seems so simple and yet complicated. It looks to me that the balancing point is not always where we would think it would be.

Deep (but also obvious) thought warning ahead:

I think having cancer throws off your balance and you have to find your new tipping point.

The skin cancer I had was an aggressive variety. It had made it's way inside my body into one of my lymph nodes. Lymph nodes are Chatty Cathies. So far my scans are clear. I don't know if that will always be the case. It's pretty easy to worry that the big rock will fall and I hesitate to share every time I worry that one is shaking. It's a balancing act between asking for support and over sharing and sometimes I don't know where the tipping point is.

This blog is stone stacking for me. I lay down words and pictures and see what becomes of them. I hope that people never feel obligated to look at them but I'm happy when they do.

I'm having some abdominal pain and will be having a CT scan to check it out. While that falls into place I plan on keeping on stacking my stones and living my life. That's not noble of me there's just literally nothing else to do. The pain could just be some kind of phantasmagorical gas. Never knew you could be a fan of gas but I'm on the bandwagon!

Harry had quite a walk today.

Here's where the excitement started. Harry noticed Abby, my friend Joan's kitty.

It wasn't exactly love at first sight.

In fact they pretty much almost came to blows and Abby took to the house in a tizzy.

Harry was not a broker of peace to say the least. Look at this tail!

Meeting up with Molly was much much less traumatic. Molly loves everyone and Harrison has no fear or respect for small dogs.

By the time we went our separate ways Shirley and I had done a kind of leash square dance so as not to get tangled up together. It was fun.

I can't remember if I posted this & before but it bares repeating. Get it? Bares.

No comments:

Post a Comment