Tuesday 8 January 2013

Knee deep

So it went really well with the knee surgeon today. They put the paperwork and blood tests in play for the knee surgery maybe in 4-6 weeks (though the surgeon is always more optimistic about time than his secretary) but with the understanding that the cardiologist approves me for surgery on Thursday when I see him.

Fingers crossed. I'm really excited to get to the knee so I can get MOVING! But also trying not to get too excited because I will understand if the cardiologist asks me to wait or have more tests.

One thing I learned today is that the next surgery will be shorter, only 2 hours because some of the hardware is already in place. That makes me really happy, not because of the time but because clearly the hardware that's in there is already successful!

Oh and today's blood tests showed that my infection markers are very good and low! I'll still have to have the knee aspirated on the pre op day but a big needle into my knee is child's play compared to having people (nice as they were) literally burn your a@$.

That's my new criteria for evaluating stress.

Also, I was highly unsuccessful at hiding my cold but I don't think anyone was too surprised by it judging by the sounds around me.

Look what you see in early morning at Punkydoodle's corner!

One of my favorite roadside oddities on the way to London is this little church.

We also saw a beautiful string of seven deer crossing an open field.

And here's the finished pillow that I sewed for my sister Anne. Because she is a lovely sister she finished it for me!

And then she went ahead and made me a pillow too!

AND took me here for lunch!

Yum! Thanks Anne.

Home to such nice weather that Harrison insisted on going outside.

More pictures tomorrow, and hopefully another sunny day!

In closing please enjoy the Toronto Ikea monkey on toast.

1 comment: