Friday 22 May 2015

Henry's 65th and Toronto bubbles

I don't often do birthday wishes here on the blog because that would get weird after a while but this is a pretty big one for my brother Henry. He turned 65 today plus he's retiring in June plus he's going on a trip to Italy soon!

I don't have time to do a proper sequential retrospective on his life tonight and get to bed before 5 am but here are a few pictures I snapped out of his and Marcia's photo albums last poker night.

I will say that Henry - the oldest of us 7 was never your typical type-A oldest sibling. That has totally worked in our favour. Legend has it that he'd try to stop misbehaviour when there were 5 of them under the age of 7 but if he couldn't stop'em he'd join'em.

He's our family's rock now that Mom and Dad are gone and he has the kindest heart of anyone I know.

Let's begin with his early Lawrence Fishburne look:

A family member recently questioned why Henry never seems to have facial hair in old pictures. I believe these pictures will put an end to that line of questioning.

I don't think I could give Henry any better gift than pictures of his grandson catching bubbles so here we go.

Still not done with Toronto pictures but big day tomorrow. Emily's dancing in Beauty and the Beast and Anne is singing too!

&

No comments:

Post a Comment