Monday 8 April 2013

The sun will come out tomorrow

Physio Sheena from Scotland (NOT Ireland) was here again today. I'm still about -15 degrees from being straight. If I could get it to -5 it'd be very functional and I could walk pretty normally and bike (yay!) etc.

I have to say that this is the part of the knee surgery I looked forward to least. The part where I have to make it hurt as much if not more than right after surgery to get it as flat as possible because if that doesn't happen in the next while it never will. Last time I worked hard and got it pretty straight but I knew there'd still be another surgery to fall back on.

It's so hard to know when you need to stop pushing and when to lay on the ice pack for a while and get back at the pain.

I don't qualify for any physio past these few home visits but it's not rocket science. Straighten it a little more every day, don't lose any of the good bend that'll allow me to bike and take enough pain meds to allow it all to happen again tomorrow. And cheer the heck up. Tomorrow's my birthday and I'm going out for lunch with friends and I'm sure these two have a surprise or two up their sleeves as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment