Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve was great. It started with a skating party for those not working or afraid of the cold ;) It was too good of a photo op to miss.

Walking outside most days has kept me used to the cold. The only thing I'd do different would have been to bring a blanket to sit on.

We were joined by Rachael, my honorary niece from Quebec City.

She enjoys having her picture taken which is a good fit for me!

It was really neat to see her skate on her own for the first time!

I was trying out my new camera card that can snap real fast!

It's a very good idea to have a William's next to a rink!

After skating we went to Mark's Work Warehouse and I got a new hat (more on that later) then up to Karen's for fun and games.

And food. Lots of food.

It was the start of a mega two night cousin sleepover too!

Everyone's got iPods now!

Caleb and Rachael attended a youth event at church and some of us played Phase 10. I did so badly that I needed my rally cap. Jim said rightly that it doesn't increase my IQ, which come on, we can all agree, but it worked!

The kids are back home - almost midnight!

First poker game of 2014!

A first for me, knocking out three people in one hand.

And winning the game in the next!

My only attempt at a resolution this year is to try to finish blogging at midnight rather than start then and hey, one day down!

&

1 comment:

  1. I really miss skating but not the cold, it looked cold, very, very cold. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete