Saturday 21 May 2016

Serious glasses, lilacs, blossoms and chippys

I got my new glasses yesterday and I really like them. My friend Augie and I did some selfies today and I like the way we both look. Props to my friend who helped me get them. It's not easy to pick out glasses when you can't see. 






I like the sides too. 


I was reading the pamphlet that came with the glasses because I wondered if there were any special instructions. There weren't but it was kind of fascinating. Turns out my glasses are made out of "100% natural acetate." Meaning they are made out of plastic that is made out of cotton or wood, I'm guessing cotton due to the picture. 


They are a very serious company and their motto is "Impersonality kills." I think that might be just a tad dramatic but what do I know?


Here are yesterday's pictures. 




The lilacs are beginning. 














And the trees are in frantic blossom mode. 
















I haven't seen my squirrel friend Notches for three weeks so I don't think that bodes well but I have to believe because of his colouring that this young guy might be one of her kids from last year. 


















This was fun. I kept throwing this chippy peanuts and she'd shell them and tuck them away in her cheeks. 









Sometimes she'd have to take one out a couple of times and rearrange it. 



But there was always more room. 













Look at my new fuschia plant from Mary!


Very excited, hoping to get it in the background when I put up my hummingbird feeder. 





Harry enjoying the wild meadow that is our current lawn. 







Have a good long weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. You are right about that yard. It looked like a jungle yesterday.

    ReplyDelete