Sunday 26 October 2014

Peggy's cove part 1

If you are on facebook you probably know how I spent my day. If you don't know, my sister Mary Lynn who had the stemcell transplant this spring has experienced some pretty major Graft vs Host disease symptoms and was airlifted from pei to Halifax this morning.

It was a long ferry ride and drive for her family and I can't tell you how good it was to know exactly which Halifax friends to contact and they were at the hospital before Philip and Luke could arrive. Even if they could only sit outside her icu room and pray it was a real comfort. And I use the term "only" loosely because prayer is what has gotten ML this far. This spring I saw many times how her blood numbers did not warrant the health she was enjoying.

For example these pictures taken just short days or a few weeks after the stemcell transplant:

Now I'm not saying those were smart things to do, just that the numbers on the bloodwork sure didn't suggest that kind of energy would be available.

ML is still in icu and it's still serious but her red blood count is coming up and her skin is much less yellow and she's hungry and wants to get moving and those are all good things.

I thought today would be a good day to start looking at my spring pictures from Peggy's Cove Nova Scotia. Turns out I took a lot! What a surprise I know. So here's the first part.

Elaine, one of the good friends I mentioned earlier, took us out for lunch first.

The scenery along the way would have been enough and Elaine was happy to stop wherever I wanted.

You remember the unhurried goose:

This terrain was just before Peggy's Cove.

Friendly waves from the car:

There's the cove peeking around the corner and the sun too!

More to follow.

&

No comments:

Post a Comment