Monday 2 June 2014

Pirate cats & cancer

Chippie watch continues unabated.

So does the enjoyment of hallucinogenic plants.

Changing gears to cancer again for a bit. I'm doing some "dealing" with what happened with a therapist at the Cancer Centre. It's really cool because I'm looking for the balance between acknowledging the reality of past and ongoing fear/pain and the exquisite joy of being alive.

I knew I was in the right office when at the end of our session the therapist showed me a picture of her cat wearing a pirate hat :)

PS I don't want to put anyone off getting treatment. Radiation is usually uncomfortable and really tiring but nowadays they are getting very good at aiming with pinpoint accuracy. It's just that for my type of cancer they were going for shock and awe burn of the whole area. On the other hand I didn't have to endure chemo so I'm grateful for that.

&

No comments:

Post a Comment