Monday 28 April 2014

Extreme Sister Makeover - Halifax Edition

Well tomorrow, Tuesday, is a really big day! ML has an appointment to have blood drawn in the am then she meets with a doctor at 12:20. If all goes well she and Philip will be headed home to PEI till her next appointment in two weeks.

My flight home is booked for tomorrow evening.

ML has done exceedingly well through this whole process and we expect this will continue. Thank you so much for all your prayers and care, we could not be more grateful.

I'll try to send out an update after the appointment cause I doubt I'll be blogging much after my flight home tomorrow night.

Today was our look good feel better event.

We cleaned up pretty good for a pair of ol' salts.

My poor esthetician kept TRYING to let me do things but then she'd grab the wand or doohickey and just do it herself. It was just a lot easier and safer for everyone concerned.

Listen, back in the day I used to wear makeup and the stuff the kids are using these days is a lot nicer and less smelly than it used to be.

I don't know how to break this to you but they didn't give us any purple shadow.

Our swag:

ML's obligatory sad before picture:

I asked if this was going to be what we looked like when we were done:

Not sure why they laughed.

They sent us home with a user manual:

I had to take a picture of the order of events.

ML was teacher's pet for a while:

I tried on my wig again too.

Ta da!

Scary close ups:

Took a wheelbarrow to carry our swag home!

Yesterday we said good bye to dear Ella where we stayed on the weekends and headed over for an evening of good food and fun with ML's (and now mine) friends the Passeys. They were much better sports about playing parlour games for ML than we her her own family are. A prophet in her own town...

They played Bobbity Bop Bop and Upset The Fruitbasket.

So much fun!

Meantime ML and I are going to have another game of crib tonight and I'll talk to you soon from Ontario, safe in the loving arms of my disgruntled cat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment